A (very) minor release for the World Model Java library. I’ve changed the dependency on mina-core to the JAR type instead of the bundle. All the MINA docs want you to use the bundle packaging, which requires the maven-bundle-plugin. In the end, mina-core doesn’t require bundling, and it became a headache.
The Java libraries are in Beta now. I’ve finished the common (released), sensor, solver, and world model Java docs, but I still need to add unit tests to parts of the world model, and then write-up a few examples for testing before releasing them to Maven Central.
Things seem to be moving along nicely. Ben is working out a few bugs in the world model/C++ socket code, and his port to MariaDB should be ready for lab testing soon.
I’m nearly finished with the Java libraries. I’m adding the last Javadoc comments to the world model library now, and I think by Friday I’ll have enough unit tests and testing done to release the libraries to Maven Central. It’s going to feel really good to get these things done and start working on the rest of the components again. Perhaps even some work on my motion localization algorithm.
This weekend I added some new code examples that demonstrate how to use the Java libraries (sensor, solver). They’re just a start, mostly for testing/debugging. Later this week, when the World Model library is ready, I’ll add some useful Solver and Application examples. I’m thinking of making a little chat program that utilizes the World Model as a server.